FOUNDATION SEVEN: Share Your Story
Who did you spend time with last week? Were they interested in learning more about Jesus or reading the bible together?
We are all about following Jesus and doing it together. Jesus was friends with his disciples (John 15:15), which shows us that friendship is an important part of discipleship. One of the best ways to become better friends is to start with understanding each other’s stories. As we share our stories, not only will we get to know each other better, but we will be encouraged, empowered, and filled with faith. Because that’s the power of a testimony!
What is a testimony? This is your story of how you’ve experienced God’s love and saving power through what He has done in your life.
Read Psalm 78:4,7-8. Why is it important to remember what God has done and share it with others?
Read Revelation 12:11. What does this say about our testimony?
An easy way to share your story is through these 3 lenses:
- What was your life like before you knew Jesus?
- How did you become a Christian?
- What has your life been like since you’ve had a relationship with Jesus?
If you aren’t sure if you have a relationship with Jesus, here’s what you need to know:
- God loves you and has a plan for your life. (John 10:10, Jeremiah 29:11)
- Sin separates you from God. (Romans 3:23, Isaiah 59:2)
- Jesus died on the cross to make a way for you to have relationship with God. (1 Peter 3:18, Romans 5:8)
- You must repent and trust Jesus. You can pray right now! (Romans 10:9)
Take a few seconds to think through which parts of your story you want to share for 5 minutes. Now we are ready! Everyone, take about 5 minutes or less to share your story.
What was something from hearing each other’s stories that encouraged you? Because your story is encouraging and powerful, share it with someone else this week who may not know Jesus. Begin taking the person(s) you met with last week through the Foundations.